Struggling to boot from the CD/DVD on an HP 4540 Laptop?
I received a new HP ProBook 4540s today. I needed to image it to our business standard image. I placed the CD in the drive to boot but it just kept on booting into the OEM Windows install. After many curse words and much grinding of teeth, I found a solution:
- When the laptop is at the initial HP log screen, press the ESC key.
- Wait for the menu to appear and then press F10.
- Select “Log in as a guest user”.
- Choose the “System Configuration” tab, expand ‘Boot Options’ and uncheck “Secureboot” option.
- You then just have to choose ‘UEFI Hybrid (with CSM)’ or ‘Legacy’ under ‘Boot Mode’.
Save these options and exit and your laptop will now boot from the CD/DVD ROM drive.
Incoming search terms: